Thursday, May 12, 2011

Vegan Taco Lunch

The list of foods that taste normal to me is ridiculously slim. Most things taste off, and I have a tendency to over-season everything right now. In my attempt to eat a high protein, non-nausea inducing lunch for me and my little blueberry I opened up my fridge and went a little crazy. I made enough for a dinner party, and next time I might as well invite the whole block.


White Girl Guacamole
2 avocados
1/2 tbs lemon juice
2 dashes paprika
S+P to taste

Mash it all up, put it in a bowl and guac out

Tangy Radishes
3 radishes
pinch of white sugar
2 tsp white vinegar

Thinly shave the radishes, don't chop those fingers off.
dilute sugar in vinegar and toss over radishes

Sweet & Spicy Sweet Potato
1 sweet potato
1/2 tbs fake butter or olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
dash of salt

Microwave sweet potato for 3 minutes. Remove and peel skin off. Cut into 1/2" pieces and toss with spices. Saute in butter/oil for a few minutes till the outside is slightly browned.

Corn & Black Bean Salsa
Two Ears of Corn or one can corn, fresh is best though!
Small can of black beans
Handful of cherry tomato's
2 1/2 tbs Olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp paprika

Boil corn in salted water until fully cooked, but still slightly crunchy. Remove and let cool. Slice corn off the cob, drain and rinse black beans, slice cherry tomato's into quarters and mix together in a medium bowl. In a small bowl mix olive oil and spices until well blended. A mini-whisk works perfectly for this. Pour dressing over veggies and toss. Refrigerate for 30 minutes if desired.

Like every great taco bar I had faux sour cream, shredded soy cheese and salsa. I just use carb balance whole wheat tortillas and I am good to go.

I hate raw onions of any type and cilantro is just so gross, so if you love those two ingredients you can just eyeball them into your salsa, guacamole and tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment