Thursday, May 26, 2011

and she ate

Yesterday I looked after my friends adorable 2.5 year old daughter Teagan. We played dress up, baked a pie, ran around outside and ate. I should really emphasis the eating part here, because I swear the kid did not stop eating the entire five hours she was with me. She not only ate my homemade cream of mushroom soup, but had an apple, pear, orange, slice of cherry pie, fruit snacks, crackers, and an entire bag of popcorn. Holy moly, does that kid pack the food in!
Being so exhausted from the pregnancy I have a newfound respect for expectant moms who also have toddlers to chase around. I was wiped out after my day with Miss T. She kept going and going like the energizer bunny and by 4pm I just wanted to sit down and have nap time. Which of course she was not interested in.
Our bulldog Boris is always a handful, but I really want him to be surrounded by as many little kids as possible prior to our baby arriving. He did pretty well with Teagan, he jumped on her once, which was very bad, but after the first hour he got used to a little tyke running around. He was more upset that he couldn’t be around us at all times, which is par for the course in Bullybear world.
Wrigley of course was as close to perfect as a puggle can be. She barked a little, but I think it was because Boris riled her up. Teagan got to rub her belly and chase her, which Wrigley LOVED.
Now on to training the husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment