Thursday, October 27, 2011

36 weeks . gasp.

36 weeks pregnant, +/- 4 weeks till I meet my little man and I can think about is how much I still have to do. I made a list of nesting activities that need to get done and I can't wait till Friday comes so I can start scrubbing the inside of my freezer.


Baby Bump at The Damned on Tuesday night.

My other babies.

Oh and have I mentioned how hungry I am? I could eat a cow, and coming from an anti-meat eater that says a lot.

Currently addicted to : anything pumpkin flavored & wheatberry salad.
How to make it you ask?
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/8 cup raisins
  • 1/8 cup currants
  • 3 cups Cooked Wheat Berries
  • 1 large honey crisp apple, unpeeled, diced
  • 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  1. Combine orange juice and dried berries in a small bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes so they get nice a plump
  2. Combine wheat berries, apple and pecans in a large bowl; stir gently. Drain the cranberries, reserving the juice. Stir the cranberries into the wheat berry mixture.
  3. Whisk the reserved orange juice, vinegar and oil in a small bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and stir gently to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to combine. Serve cold or at room temperature.

Oh and this was our purchase of the week. Hatley "Alien Baby" onesie!

No comments:

Post a Comment